Updated on February 01, 2023 03:41:59 PM
The government of India launched the "Startup India Initiative'' to ensure that the growing number of Startups in the country have the right resources and support to grow. Under the Startup India program, eligible companies can get recognised as Startups by DPIIT to get tax benefits, easier compliance, IPR fast-tracking, special benefits & more.
Read about the Startup India Scheme benefits, registration process, required documents, and recognition fees for Startup India registration.
Startup India Certificate [Sample]
The Startup India is a program to encourage and support the startup ecosystem in India. It aims to promote new businesses by providing them various benefits & exemptions. Such as tax holidays & access to government funding and incubator programs. The benefits of the program can be accessed by startups through DPIIT recognition.
DPIIT recognised Startups are eligible to get the following benefits under the Startup India Initiative:
1. Self-Certification:- Startups shall be allowed to self-certify compliance for 6 Labour Laws and 3 Environmental Laws through a simple online procedure to reduce the regulatory burden on Startups and keep compliance costs low.
2. Tax Exemption under 80-IAC:- Pvt Ltd Companies and LLPs are exempted from paying income tax for three consecutive financial years under Section 80-IAC out of their first ten years since incorporation.
3. Easy Winding of a Company:- As per the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016, Startups with simple debt structures or those meeting certain income-specified criteria can be wound up within 90 days of applying for insolvency.
4. Fast-tracking of Startup Patent Applications:- Patent applications filed by Startups shall be fast-tracked for examination to realize their value sooner.
5. Rebate on filing of Patent Application:- Startups shall be provided an 80% rebate on patent filing costs to help them pare costs in the crucial formative years. The objective is to reduce the cost and time taken for a Startup to acquire a patent, making it financially viable to protect their innovations and encourage them to innovate further.
6. Easier Public Procurement Norms:- DPIIT recognized Startups can register on GeM as sellers and sell their products and services directly to Government entities. It is a great opportunity for Startups to participate in the public procurement process and access another potential market for their products.
Moreover, entities can apply for NSIC registration to act as a assessed vendor on gem
DPIIT recognised Startups are exempted from submitting Earnest Money Deposit (EMD) or bid security while filling government tenders. The Government shall also exempt Startups in the manufacturing sector from the criteria of “prior experience/ turnover” without any compromise on the stated quality standards or technical parameters.
7. Exemption under Section 56:- Investments into eligible Startups by Accredited Investors, Non-Residents, AIFs (Category I), & listed companies with a net worth more than ₹100 crores or turnover more than ₹250 crores are exempted under Section 56(2)(VIIB) of Income Tax Act. Also, consideration of shares received by eligible Startups shall be exempt up to an aggregate limit of ₹25 crores.
8. Panel of facilitators to assist in filing of IP applications:- The Central Government will bear the entire fees of the facilitators for any number of patents, trademarks, or designs that a Startup may file. The Startups have to bear the cost of the statutory fees only.
1- Originality of the entity:- The business entity/startup must be a new entity; it should not be a split off from the existing company.
2- Type of business structure:- To get the startup India registration business should be registered under the following forms of business.
3- Annual Turnover:- As per the guidelines of DPIIT the business entity should have an annual turnover of less than 100 crore rupees.
4- Incorporation Period:- In order to get recognised under DPIIT startup India initiative the entity should not be older than 10yrs from the day of its incorporation.
5- Innovation & Scalability:- The entity must be innovative and scalable. It's one of the most important criteria to be considered by DPIIT before startup India registration. Because the aim of the program is to promote innovation and generate business and jobs in the country.
The following documents are needed to be submitted by the entities for recognition of Startup India by DPIIT.
The startup India registration process with professional utilities is simple and hassle free. The are the following details you need to provide to get your business registered under the startup India certificate through DPIIT registration.
Entities are required to provide all asked details to get their startup registered under the Startup India initiative on the startup portal.
Once all the documents and details are collected. The drafting process for the startup India portal registration will be initiated by our experts.
Once the drafting and creation of entity profile is completed on the startup India registration portal. The application for DPIIT recognition will be raised from the startup india portal dashboard.
The application for consideration of acknowledging the entity as a legitimate startup will be initiated by the authorities. Depending upon the criteria of startup India registration the application will be acknowledged by the DPIIT.
Once the application is submitted to The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade(DPIIT). It would take around 20-25 days to get startup India registration approval from the authorities. The application might also be rejected if it does not fulfill the criteria for registration set by the DPIIT.
Our professional charges for startup India registration is 3,999 INR only and the total time this process would take is around 15-20 days.
|Professional Charges||Rs. 4,999|
|Time taken in the process||15-20 days|
Get your Startup India Certificate with Professional Utilities in three simple steps:
Get in touch via call or contact form
Provide necessary documents
Get your Startup India Certificate in 20-25 working days
4.9/5 Google Rating
Simple & Fast
You can register on the Startup India portal with us in just easy, simple steps.
As per the guidelines of DPIIT the eligibility for startup India recognition is as follows:
The cost of startup India registration with professional utilities is just INR 4,999 only.
Yes, startups can be registered on the startup india portal without the requirement of a PAN card.
Once the DPIIT startup registration is completed, entities can download their startup India certificates from the portal.
If the application is rejected by DPIIT then startups can re-edit their application and complete the process for startup registration.
Yes, startups are exempted from certain taxes under section 56 and 3 years of tax holidays after getting startup india certification from DPIIT.
Yes, an OPC (One person company) can opt for DPIIT startup india certification as per the rules by authorities.
Startup India hub is an online portal where various entities enlist themselves for DPIIT recognition.
Yes, startups are required to have an GST registration.
These are the following benefits of Startup registration in India
No, the proprietor needs to be a limited company to be able to avail benefits of the startup India program.
|Startup India Registration Fees||Startup India Registration in Delhi||Startup India Registration in Bihar||Startup India Registration in Haryana|
|Startup India Registration in Maharashtra||Startup India Registration in Odisha||Startup India Registration in Punjab||Startup India Registration in Tamil Nadu|
|Startup India Registartion in Uttar Pradesh||Startup India Registration in West Bengal|