GeM Incident Management System?
The GeM “government e-marketplace” is a reliable platform. Since honest self-disclosure is crucial, it is essential to have a reliable automated system to ensure the credibility of the gem portal. Similarly, for GeM to be trusted by sellers to provide them with their best price and quality, good behavior on the part of buyers is essential.
GOI has launched a GeM portal to boost participation of MSMEs in public procurements. The aim of the government is to build an environment for the manufacturing sector in India and to boost the micro and small business sector.
However, Sometimes many incidents/deviations occur during & after the allotment of contracts. In such cases, buyers & sellers can raise complaints on the gem Incident management system. The system is designed to handle complaints and grievances regarding the gem vendors and participants.
What is the GeM incident management system?
The incident management system is an automated programme that uses sanctions to encourage honest behavior before and after the contract-buying process in an effort to boost confidence between the two parties.
The technology also aids in detecting and fixing problems, protecting portal users from harm.
The Indian government has improved the GeM’s trustworthiness and openness with the latest 3.0 version, which includes revised deviation.
Objectives of Incident management?
- Enhance transparency, liability & communication among buyers & sellers
- Enhance incident management and prioritize a solution-based approach
- It ensures that processes and procedures are regularly updated for effective and speedy responses
- Introducing an incident management system aims to make the gem platform safer and more trustworthy for buyers and sellers
Who can raise an Incident:
- Buyer on GeM
- Sellers or service providers
- GeM admin in case of post-contract incidents
- GeM portal in case of the rise of incidents by the Gem portal, the same procedure as indicated in the policy would be applicable
How to raise an Incident on GeM portal against sellers
Step-1: Login in to your GeM profile.
Step-2: Find the “Need Help” section on the dashboard, click it, and then click “Report an Incident” to continue.
Step-3: In order to raise an incident, locate “New option” and tap or click on it.
Step-4: Give the incident’s pertinent information, fill out the application, and essential information on the GeM portal.
Areas of deviation identified by GeM:-
|Area of deviations||Pre-contract||Post-contract|
|During registration||Incorrect informationmisleading documents, Such as financial information fake credentials||Nil|
|During listings||Irrelevant product or service listingInaccurate submission to mislead the buyersMisrepresentation about authorisation||Mismatch of quoted MRPFake or poor quality productsConflicting products or services|
|During tender process||Misleading documentsunauthorized products & servicesviolation of integrityFraud behavior during tender process||Fail to complete contractsNon delivery or delaysPoor performance or sub standard servicesFails to provide additional required document after the allotment of project|
Penalties for non-rectification incidents:
|Types of Incidents||Penalties for non rectification|
|Serious incidents||Suspension of account for 30days for 1st time and 2nd time deviation within a period of 90 calendar days.|
For 3rd and subsequent deviation, the Gem account will be suspended for 45days.
|Severe incidents||For 1st and 2nd deviation within the period of 120 calendar days, the account will be suspended for 45 days at least.|
For 3rd and subsequent deviation suspension of account can be as long as 60 days. Or the gem admin might recommend the ministry for strong action.
|Grave incidents||Suspension of account can be as long as 60 days for 1st and 2nd incident within 180 calendar days.|
For 3rd or subsequent incident suspension of account can be upto for 90days to 1year.
In many cases gem admin might recommend the vendor to ministry for legal actions for non rectification or grave violation of gem policy.
Closure of Incident on GeM portal:
- Incidents can be closed by the concerned person (without escalating to Gem admin) who has raised it in the first place if the incident has been rectified.
- GeM admin can also close the incidents once they are escalated. To close incidents.
- Buyer can also close the incident from the IM dashboard once the rectification is done by the seller’s side.