Online – eTender and Procurement process in bihar
Electronic tender portals have been introduced by the government to increase the participation of Msme’s in public procurement. To submit bids for public contracts from government agencies, vendors need to sign up for eProcurement systems.
All of the work to assign contracts is done digitally. Due to eTenders’ user-friendliness, speed of implementation, and cost-effectiveness, the government has made their usage obligatory.
E-tenders allow clients to find the most qualified vendor for their specific requirements and projects.
- What is an eTender & eProcurement system?
- Types of eTender
- Selection procedure of vendors
- How to register on the Portal?
- What are the benefits of eTendering?
What is an eTender Procurement system for vendors?
The process of acquiring contracts or bids electronically over the internet is known as a “eProcurement System.”
This method shortens the bid process a1nd cuts most indirect expenses. Further, it improves the openness of the buying process.
Types of etenders
The type of tender depend on the complexity of the project and the amount of specialism necessary to accomplish it.
Open bids are the most prevalent type of bid, in which any eligible bidder may participate in live bidding. The tender details are published on the etender site, where providers can get all tender information and apply directly through the Portal.
Selective tendring iss used when the projects that need specialised expertise and experience than only limited number of vendors are invited to make bids.
First, the authorities determine which contractors are most suited for the job by looking at their track records and the specific skills they will need.
After that, all tender paperwork were delivered by the interested vendors to the appropriate authorities.
In such tenders, clients directly engage with the vendor or contractors to negotiate project conditions. Such projects are typically assigned to a single contractor because they require a high level of skill and specialisation.
Selection procedure of vendors
- Determining the Tender Process: The body responsible for assigning tenders will decide which tenders will be used and disclosed. Once the tender has been finalised, the following stage is to determine how to obtain information from the contractors.
- Expression of Interest (EOI): An expression of interest (EOI) is a pre-selection screening technique. Before receiving detailed quotations, this procedure is used to reduce the number of interested parties.
The Client can then use a selective tendering procedure to solicit bids from interested vendors. It speeds up the process and ensures that only interested parties submit quality bids.
- Request for Information (RFI): RFIs are employed to gather data regarding the project’s requirements. It is a document that enables entities to understand the requirements of the project and the abilities of the providers. The tendering process can then be started by the organisation.
- Request for Proposal (RFP): A formal document known as a request for proposals (RFP) asks suppliers to submit a detailed action plan.
It contains in-depth details about the project’s issues as well as the business objectives and deadline.
- Request for Quotation (RFQ): This document is more explicit in that it requests the Client’s particular needs and expects providers to provide price quotes.
How to register on the Portal for eTenders in bihar
- The eProcurement platform makes it simple for vendors and bidders to sign up for eTenders.
- Fill out the online registration form by selecting the Online Bidder Enrollment link on the eTenders website. When a submission is successful, the login ID can be used to log in.
- Use your registered username and password to log in, after which you can map your class 3 Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) to your account to complete the process.
BID Submission process via eProcurement Portal
- Bidders can log in using their username and password after finishing the DSC mapping.
- Enter your user ID and password to access the Portal.
- You may change certificates and purchase orders, among other documents, on your profile’s My Documents page.
- You can browse the solicitation announcements and download the materials to properly evaluate them before making a bid. (A bidder can access the solicitation even if they are not logged in to their profile.)
- Once all conditions have been satisfied, the BOQ should be completed and uploaded without altering the template. Bidders may only add names and values to the BOQ.
- Prepare and submit the bid materials in the only authorised format. If there are more than two files, the bidder may merge them.
Benefits of eTendering
- Paperless online process: The entire procedure is carried out online using a secure eTender platform, from the creation of vendor profiles through the distribution of government contracts to contractors.
- Cost-efficient and time-saving process: The eTendering and procurement procedure greatly lowers the cost of issuing tenders as compared to the traditional tender method. Now, businesses and governments are able to find bidders for their projects without making them public.
- Live tenders on a secured portal: A tender can be seen on the Portal as soon as it is published, and it will stay there until it is closed. A traditional tender can take months to publish, and there is a tonne of supporting material that cannot be obtained online or in traditional media.
4. Transparent procurement policy: Online tendering and procurement eliminates the opportunity for corruption and is more dependable and transparent than traditional approaches.
Tips to stand out from your competitors in bidding
- competitive bidding
- Add authority and knowledge.
- Your professional history and background
- By utilising the most recent technology and subject-matter expertise, they may add value to their project.
- Show them that you are aware of their demands and have experience in the industry.
Tenders make the public procurement process more dependable, simple, and rapid, giving small firms an equal opportunity. The use of electronic tendering is increasing, which is advantageous to both buyers and sellers.
Frequently asked questions
What is the fee for tenders in bihar?
It is free and simple to register on the tender portal.
What is the validity period of the profile after the e-tender portal registration?
As long as the “digital signature certificate” (DSC) is in use, the profile that has been created on the eTender Portal will remain active. Vendors are required to renew the DSC when it expires.
How to view & download tenders online on the eTender web portal?
Use precise search parameters to locate the tender you’re interested in from the most recent list of active tenders. To access the tender papers, first select View, and then select tender documents.
What is the validity period of the digital signature certificate?
DSC are valid for 2-year maximum must be renewed on time. You cannot participate in the bidding process or even see previous offers on the Portal without a digital signature certificate.