Online – Tender and e-Procurement process in Gujarat
The government has adopted the use of electronic tender portals for the public participation of vendors in bidding. To acquire public tenders from government entities, vendors must register themselves on eProcurement portals.
The contract allocation process is conducted digitally, from public notifications to potential contractors. Govt enforced eTenders because of the ease of use, fast implementations, and cost efficiency.
E-tenders allow clients to get the most suitable vendor for their projects and requirement. Furthermore, with more vendors in the market, these businesses can be assured that they are receiving the best deals.
- What is an eTender & eProcurement system?
- Types of eTender
- Selection procedure of vendors
- How to register on the Portal?
- What are the benefits of eTendering?
What is an eTender Procurement system for vendors?
The term “eProcurement System” refers to purchasing contracts or bids in an electronic format over the internet. This approach is also known as “etnedering”.
This service significantly reduces the time required for the bid process and most indirect expenses. Additionally, it makes the procurement process more open.
Types of etenders
The type of bid is determined by the complexity of the project and the level of specialisation required to complete it.
Open tenders are the most common type of tender where any eligible vendor can participate in live bidding. The tender details are published on the respective portals from where the vendors can get all the required tender information and apply on the Portal itself.
Only limited vendors can submit bids for projects that demand specialisation and expertise.
The authorities first identify potential contractors based on the vendors’ past work and expertise. Next, the potential vendors provided all the documentation from the authorities about the tender.
In such tenders, Clients directly engage with the vendor or contractors to negotiate the terms of the said project. Such projects are usually given to only one contractor because it requires a lot of expertise and specialisation.
Selection procedure of vendors
1. Determining the Tender Process: The entity allocating tenders will decide what tender will be used and released. Once the tender is finalised, the next step is to establish the method of seeking information from the contractors.
2. Expression of Interest (EOI): EOI is a screening process before selecting vendors. This process is used to shortlist the interested parties before getting detailed quotations.
The Client then can use a selective tendering procedure and call for tenders from interested vendors. It helps accelerate the process and get quality bids only from interested parties.
3. Request for Information (RFI): RFI is used to get information about the project’s prerequisites. It is a document that enables entities to understand the project requirements and vendors’ capabilities. The organisation can then conclude the next steps in the tendering process.
4. Request for Proposal (RFP): A Request for Proposal (RFP) is a formal document that asks for a specific action plan of vendors managing the project. It contains detailed information on the difficulties of the project, as well as the business goals and deadline.
5. Request for Quotation (RFQ): This document is more specific in asking for the Client’s exact requirements and requires vendors to quote their prices.
How to register on the Portal for eTenders in Gujarat
- Registering for eTenders on the eProcurement portal is simple as a bidder or vendor.
- On the eTenders homepage, click the Online Bidder Enrollment link and complete the online registration form. After successful submission, the login id can be used to log in.
- Then, log in using your registered username and password, and link your Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) of class 3 to your account.
BID Submission process via eProcurement Portal
- After completing the DSC mapping, bidders can log in with their username and password.
- Log in to the Portal with your user ID and password.
- Under the My Documents tab of your profile, you can update certifications and purchase orders, among other documents.
- Before submitting a bid, you can view the solicitation notices and download the documents to review them thoroughly. (A bidder can view the solicitation without logging into their profile.)
- Once all prerequisites have been met, the BOQ should be completed without modifying the template and uploaded. Bidders may only complete the BOQ with names and values.
- Prepare the bid documents in the only acceptable format and submit them. If more than two files exist, the bidder may combine them.
- Once the submission has been made, bidders must click FREEZE BID BUTTON to ensure that their bid complies with the tender’s requirements.
- To confirm submission, take a printout of the bid summary after the bid has closed.
Benefits of eTendering
1. Paperless online process: From creating vendor profiles to distributing government contracts to contractors, the entire process is conducted online via a protected eTender portal.
2. Cost-efficient and time-saving process: Compared to the conventional tender system, the eTendering and procurement process significantly reduces the cost of publishing tenders. Companies and governments can now seek bidders for their projects without publicly announcing them.
3. Live tenders on a secured portal: As soon as a tender is published, it can be viewed on the Portal, where it will remain until it is closed. Putting out a traditional tender can take months, and a mountain of documentation cannot be found online or in conventional media.
4. Transparent procurement policy: Because the entire tendering and procurement process occurs online, it is more reliable and transparent than conventional methods, and there is no room for corruption.
Tips to stand out from your competitors in bidding
- competitive bidding
- Add credibility and expertise.
- Your past work & industry experience
- Add value to their project by using the latest technology and having expertise in the field.
- Prove to customers that you understand their needs and have worked in the field in which they are awarding you the contract or bidding.
When it comes to public contracts, tenders give small businesses a fair chance by making the process more reliable, straightforward, and quick.
Electronic tendering is now more common, which is good for both entities and sellers.
Frequently asked questions
What is the fee for tenders in Gujarat?
You can register on the tender Portal for free, and it’s easy to do.
What is the validity period of the profile after the e-tender portal registration?
Once the profile is set up on the eTender Portal, it will stay active as long as the “digital signature certificate” (DSC) is also active. When the DSC runs out, vendors have to renew it.
How to view & download tenders online on the eTender web portal?
Go to the most recent list of active tenders and use specific search criteria to find the one you’re interested in. Click on the View button and then on the tender documents to get the tender documents.
Can I access my eProcurement account from a different client system?
You can use your account anywhere in the world with your DSC username and password.
What is the validity period of the digital signature certificate?
Digital signature certificates (DSCs) are valid for up to 2 years and must be renewed timely; without DSC, you can’t participate in the bidding process or even view old bids on the Portal.