Documents Required for Online Company Registration
All the startup founders and people who wish to start their own company, need to know about the company incorporation process and as a part of online company registration, it is important to know about all the documents required for company registration in India. In this article, you will get to know in detail about all the important documents required for online company registration.
When you are planning for a startup, setting up a private limited company is the best option to incorporate a company as it comes with several benefits such as limited liability, separate legal identity etc.
Get help from our team of professionals and lawyers at Professional utilities for documents processing for your Private limited company registration online anywhere in india. We offer company registration online at the affordable professional fees and have a simplified process.
You need to submit documents concerning the directors, shareholders and registered office of the company.
Table of Content
- Documents required for Pvt Ltd Company
- Details of Director
- Documents Required for Indian Directors
- Documents Required for Foreign Directors
- Address Proof of Registered Office
- Documents of Shareholders
- MoA & AoA
- Related Articles
Documents Required for Pvt Ltd company registration
Here is the list of Documents required for company registration:
- Digital Signature Certificate(DSC)
- Directors Identification Number(DIN)
- Details of Director
- Passport Size photographs of Shareholders
- Proof of Identity( Adhar Card, Voter ID Card, Passport)
- Proof of Address of shareholders
- Memorandum of Association
- Article of Association
Digital Signature Certificate(DSC)
A Digital Signature Certificate is the electronic equivalent of physical identity proofs or certificates such as Adhar Card, Pan Card etc. A Digital Signature Certificate has several uses such as signing a document online or getting online services from the government.
A DSC is used to sign documents electronically or while availing some services online from the government. A DSC has to be acquired once in a lifetime and if someone wishes to acquire another DSC then the previous DSC has to be surrendered.
Directors Identification Number(DIN)
DIN is a unique 8-Digit Director Identification Number which is required when someone is planning to be a director in a company or is an existing director in any company.
A DIN (Director Identification Number) has a lifetime validity and it contains all the personal details of the director which are maintained in databases.
Details of Director
For the Company incorporation purpose, you need to provide all the necessary details of the director such as documents which serve as proof of identity of the concerned person. The documents can be Aadhar card, PAN card, Voter Id Card or any relevant document which serves as a proof of identity of the director.
Documents required for Directors of Indian Nationality
Given below is the list of documents that must be provided by a indian directors for Pvt Ltd company registration:
- PAN Card – a PAN Card is a person’s identity proof in India, which contains a unique identification number which is issued by the Income Tax Department. So the directors of Indian nationality are required to submit their PAN details while registering for a private limited company.
- Address proof – the address proof submitted by the Indian director must contain his exact name which is mentioned on the PAN Card. For address proof a person can submit any identity document such as Aadhar Card, Voter ID card, Driving License or any utility bill (Telephone / broadband / electricity bill etc).
Documents required for Directors of Foreign Nationality
Given below is the list of documents to be submitted by the directors of foreign nationality to register a Private Limited company.
- Passport – A passport is the most important and unique document which serves as a proof of identity for the foreign directors. For the company registration purposes, the passport must be notarized by the foreign authority in the country it was issued.
- Address Proof – In case of a director from a foreign nationality, the proof of address must be notarized by the concerned authority of the particular nation. The name contained on the address proof must be the same as the name on the identity proof. The proof of address can include driving license, bank statement, or any other document issued by the government that contains the address.
Address Proof of Registered Office
As part of private limited company incorporation, a relevant proof of address of the office must be submitted within 30 days of the incorporation of the company.
- Valid proof of documents containing the Name of the premises or the name of the company.
- A notarized copy of the lease / Rent agreement must be furnished along with the copy of the rent receipt( not older than two months).
- Authorization from the landlord.
- Receipts of utility service bills such as Telephone bill, Electricity Bill, broadband bills etc can also be submitted.
Documents of Shareholders
It is important to furnish proof of identity and proof of address of all the shareholders of the company themselves to register a private limited company in India. If the shareholders are a group of persons and a corporate identity then the certificate of incorporation of the body corporate must be attached along with it.
Memorandum and Articles of Association
MoA and AoA are one of the most important documents while registering a Private Limited company. These two documents are the basis of any type of company incorporation may it be private limited, public limited, limited liability or a section 8 company.
MoA(Memorandum of Association) defines the objectives and scope of a company in the long run whereas AoA(Article of Association) defines the rules, policies of internal management and day to day working of the company.
Moreover MoA must be filed with Form INC- 13 with the Registrar of the companies, but no particular form is mentioned for AoA to register a private limited company.
While going for the company registration process, you must be very vigilant about submission and validation of the documents on the government portal. It can be a complicated process for an individual.
Therefore you can take help from our team of professionals at Professional Utility to get your private limited company registered in India.
Just Fill up the Contact form and Our team will get back to you shortly.
- Online company Registration in India
- Private Limited company registration
- Annual Compliance of a Private Limited Company
- Private Limited company registration in Mumbai
- Company Registration in Kolkata
- Company Registration in Uttar Pradesh
- Company Registration in Hyderabad
- Company registration in Bangalore
- Company registration in Kerala
FAQS on Company Registration
Q1. What are the documents required to register a company in India?
The Required Documents for Registration of Private Limited Company
- PAN Card.
- Govt Identity proof – Voters’ ID or passport or driver’s license.
- Bank statement.
- Utility bills such as Electricity bill, telephone bills etc.
- Passport size photograph.
- Specimen signature – Director’s signature.
Q2. How much money is required to open a pvt ltd company?
To start a private limited company, the Registration fees may vary from 5000 to 15000, depending on the number of directors, authorised capital, state of incorporation, etc.
Q3. What is the minimum turnover for Pvt Ltd?
There is no requirement of a minimum turnover for a pvt ltd company, but if it is a one person company it must be converted to a private limited company if the annual turnover exceeds the value of 2 crore.
Q4. What is the minimum capital for a Pvt company?
Though as per the Companies Act, 2015, there is no minimum requirement of capital for a private limited company, but it is suggested to use at least Rs 100,000 authorised capital while company incorporation.